Saturday 23 July 2011

CITY OF WIRES, FRONT

CITY OF WIRES, FRONT by Narolc
CITY OF WIRES, FRONT, a photo by Narolc on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
Front view of a complex structure assembled from recycled materials on a wooden base. Dimensions: Height: 29 cm Width: 29 cm Depth: 2 cm. Starting with a wooden offcut, which I decorate with acrylic paints, PVA medium and collage, I add elements including parts of toys, circuit boards, plastic tubes, wheels, beads, wires, etc until a detailed 'landscape' emerges. I embellish the various elements by painting, adding blobs of PVA medium and wrapping strips of material, dried paint and photographs culled from newspapers and magazines around things. I see all of my 3D work as blueprints for potential large-scale installations that I would love to create in public spaces here in the UK and (hopefully) throughout the world.
www.narolc.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment